Thank you for your interest in the Naval Academy Primary School! Anyone can apply to NAPS. As an independent educational institution with a long-standing relationship to the United States Naval Academy, we prioritize applicants with connections to the Naval Academy, the four branches of the US Military, as well as federal employees of the Departments of Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security.
- Members of the United States Armed Forces and Allied uniformed service personnel assigned to duty at the U.S. Naval Academy, Naval Support Activity Annapolis and their tenant commands; Civilian faculty and employees of the U. S. Naval Academy and Naval Support Activity Annapolis; Salaried employees of the Naval Academy Primary School; and All other active duty, active reserve and retired United States military personnel.
- Salaried employees of the Naval Academy Athletic Association, and the Naval Academy Alumni Association; Department of Defense civilian personnel; Department of Justice personnel; and Department of Homeland Security personnel.
- Alumni of the United States Naval Academy; alumni of the Naval Academy Primary School; and former members of the U.S. Armed Services.
Civilian Members of the Annapolis Community.
Categories 1 through 3 must provide documentation that affirms status as previously described above. Category placement is based on the parent’s status as of February 1st in the calendar year in which enrollment occurs.
Age Requirements for Preschool and Kindergarten:
- Preschool students must be at least three years old by September 1 of the school year for which you apply.
- Kindergarten students must be at least five years old by September 1 of the school year for which you apply.